All merchant accounts have processing fees, however since Cash Practice Systems® generates a high-volume of new applications for our merchant bank, PAYA, we are able to negotiate comparable processing rates. Our rates are very competitive, however, if you would like to request a rate analysis against your current rates or a quote that you received, please provide us with a recent merchant statement (all pages) or quote which can be faxed to (877) 291-5825 or uploaded securely HERE. *Be sure to write “REQUESTING RATE COMPARISON” at the top of your merchant statement or quote, along with your Cash Practice Systems® account number. If we do not receive a comparison request, you will be set up on our standard rates.
We offer 3 different merchant accounts depending on how you process transactions.
- MOTO Merchant Account - MOTO means that you process credit cards in an environment where the customer and/or the credit card are not physically present at the time of purchase, either by key-entering in the information, accessing a credit card on file, or setting up an Auto Debit. Another term used for this is card-not-present credit card processing.
- RETAIL Merchant Account - RETAIL means that you process credit cards in a storefront or office where you interact with your customers face-to-face and physically swipe credit cards through a terminal (USB, Mobile or EMV).
- EFT Merchant Account - Bank EFT stands for Bank Electronic Funds Transfer. It can also be referred to by Electronic Checks, ACH, Virtual Check, or Direct Check Debit. To use Bank EFT, you will need the patient's bank routing and account number.
Processing Rates & Fees for Credit Card Transactions - MOTO (keyed) / RETAIL (swiped):
- $0 Statement Fee (your merchant statements are available online, click HERE for more information)
- $9.95 Monthly Access Fee (includes the cost of the gateway since you process over the Internet) - applies to the RETAIL merchant account
- $25 monthly minimum of fees - applies to the MOTO merchant account
- $0.19 transaction fee (swiped)
- $0.31 transaction fee (keyed)
- 1.50% Qualified* Visa/MasterCard Debit Cards (swiped)
- 1.70% Qualified* Visa/MasterCard/Discover Credit Cards (swiped)
- 2.30% Qualified* Visa/MasterCard/Discover Credit Cards (keyed)
- *Mid-Qualified Rate +1.29% (rewards cards, manually key entered cards)
- *Non-Qualified Rate +1.59% (HSA Cards, rewards cards, manually key entered cards)
- Business (debit card) Rate +1.50%
- Business (credit card) Rate +1.74%
- International Non-Standard Rate +1.65%
- American Express (AMEX) OptBlue 2.89% (swiped)
- American Express (AMEX) OptBlue 3.50% (keyed)
Credit Card Network Fees - regulated and charged by Visa/MasterCard/Discover (Applies to ALL merchant processing companies, these are fixed fees and no processor can give you a "lower rate" or "better deal" on these. They are non-negotiable):
- Assessments - 0.13% (0.0013)
- Monthly Clearing Fee - 0.03% (0.0003), billed in arrears
- NABU/APF/DUF Network Fees for V/MC/Disc - $0.02 cents
- MasterCard Digital Enhancement Fee - 0.01% (0.0001)
- MasterCard location fee - $2.50 per month
- VISA Integrity Fee (applies to non-PIN debit cards and some prepaid cards) - $0.10 cents
- VISA FANF fee (RETAIL) - $2.00 per month, billed in arrears
- VISA FANF fee (MOTO) - depends on processing volume, billed in arrears
CREDIT CARDS FEES for DECLINES / VOIDS / REFUNDS and CHARGEBACKS:
- A declined credit card is charged the transaction fee only.
- A voided credit card is charged the transaction fee only.
- A refunded credit card payment is charged the transaction fee only.
- If your client disputes a payment directly with his/her bank or credit card company, a chargeback is filed. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS A DECLINE. The chargeback fee is $25 (investigation fee, not refundable). For more information about chargebacks, click HERE.
- There is a $7.50 chargeback retrieval fee, which only applies if the customer's bank (card issuer) requests a copy of the actual transaction ticket from our processing bank, Paya.
For PCI fees, please click HERE
Processing Rates & Fees for Bank Account transactions - EFT
- $0.50 transaction fee
- $9.50 return check fee (you should have a returned check policy in place to cover this cost)
- $15 monthly minimum of fees
Tags: fees, merchant, account, rates
Updated: 3/30/18 LB